We’re searching for a Software Engineer who can collaborate with a team of developers, designers, and business units to architect, develop, and maintain various applications to support our growing platform.
This position is based in our HQ office located in Bethesda, MD.
As our Software Engineer, you will be responsible for managing multiple aspects of its tech stack. Responsibility will include web applications, back-end server applications, automated ETL processes, the tablet app, communications to users and platform stakeholders, and operational applications that optimize internal processes and efficiencies.
You will be working with a team of engineers and developers responsible for building new and supporting existing applications. You must ensure that coding standards are followed, and documentation is maintained. It would be best if you were obsessed with coding, sharp with logic, appreciative of business goals and workflows, and able to communicate with a wide variety of team members. Expertise in at least one programming language is a must. An Octopus Developer works with multiple tech stacks and applications every day. We are a startup with strong traction, and the sky’s the limit for the right developer.
- 2-4+ years of professional software development and engineering experience
BS/MS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working with large code-bases of existing Production applications, starting projects from scratch, and contributing to a project’s full life cycle
- Sharp analytical skills to understand existing applications and come up with innovative solutions
- Agile development process
Server-side stacks such as Python (Django/Flask) and/or Node.js
- Thorough understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience developing APIs and cloud services with a focus on continuous performance optimization
- Experience integrating third-party APIs and SDKs
- A startup attitude: hands-on, proactive, seeing your role as more than just a job
- Adtech experience – working with VAST based Programmatic ad servers, SSPs and DSPs
- DevOps and CICD experience with AWS Cloud
- Experience in native Android mobile application development (Java / Kotlin)
- Experience in React Native development
- Experience working with MDM platforms
- Experience in Google TensorFlow Lite
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base compensation and equity incentives
- Health benefits, 401(k), commuter benefits and healthy snacks
- An incredibly passionate, experienced and committed team
- Colorful, open office with popcorn machine, virtual reality, beer kegs, corn hole, nerf wars, ping pong tables, company of dogs and maybe even an occasional octopus
Who we are:
Octopus Interactive equips Uber® and Lyft® drivers with high-definition screens to engage riders.
How we work at Octopus:
- We are collaborative and quick to jump in and help a teammate in need
- We are communicative and expect responsiveness to questions
- We are honest and transparent with each other
- We are innovative, nimble, solution-oriented and biased toward action
- We care about each other, our company and our community
- We have fun and celebrate our wins
Apply now! We’re looking to fill this role immediately.
Octopus Interactive is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.