Your Octopus tablet may have a different update process to other devices. Before you start the tablet update process on your tablet, please make sure that your tablet is powered on and displaying the Octopus app. To lock your tablet into the Octopus app, please complete the below:
- When your tablet is showing a normal Android home screen, swipe up from the bottom of screen until you see a listing of all the apps on your tablet, as pictured below. Then, locate and open the Settings app.
- Using the search bar at the top of the Settings app, search for “Default home app” and select the “Default home app” option, as shown below:
- Set Octopus as the default home app by pressing it, as pictured below. Your tablet will then automatically launch into the Octopus app and will only show riders the Octopus app moving forward.
Once your tablet is displaying the Octopus app, please leave your tablet on for 5-10 minutes until the update prompt appears. If the update prompt does not appear after 5 minutes, please take your tablet outside to obtain a better cell signal.
Please complete the update process as soon as possible after the update prompt appears on your tablet. Once the update has begun, please follow the instructions below:
- Your tablet will automatically start the tablet update with the following screen:
- When prompted, immediately select “Install”:
- If prompted, tap “Allow”
- Your tablet will then process the update, as shown below:
- If prompted, tap “OPEN”