I’m receiving an error message when I try to add my payment details.
Our payment provider accepts debit card numbers and bank accounts from all US banks. You may receive an error message when adding your payment details if:
- You are trying to add a prepaid card to your account
Unfortunately, our payment provider is unable to accept prepaid cards. If you are trying to add the Uber Visa card, or another prepaid card that is attached to a bank account, please add the bank account to your dashboard using the bank account option.
- There’s an error with the zip code or date of birth
Our payment provider uses your zip code and date of birth to help verify your payment details. Please ensure that:
- The billing address you input matches the billing address on your bank account
- The zip code entered in the billing address section matches the zip code entered with your debit card number
- You are entering your birthday in the format: MM/DD/YYYY
- Your bank is declining our payment provider’s attempt to verify the account
Our payment provider places a temporary authorization of $.50 or less on your bank account to verify your details. This temporary authorization is removed within seven business days.
Your bank may decline our payment provider’s attempt to verify the account if there is not enough money in the account to process the temporary authorization, if you have locked your debit card, or if your bank flags the temporary authorization for fraud.
If you are still unable to add your payment details after checking for the above, please contact support using the form below for further assistance.